First Reconciliation Youth
It is recommended that children who are Baptized and are at least seven years of age prepare for both the Sacrament of Reconciliation and First Eucharist. The Diocese of Dallas requires children attend a two year preparation program prior to receiving First Eucharist (First and Second Grade). The child preparing for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation and/or First Eucharist must be enrolled in the All Saints Religious Education Sunday classes, Home School, or All Saints Catholic School. Parents may delay the reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and/or First Eucharist if they feel their child is not ready. To register for Faith Formation Classes at All Saints see link at right.
A parent must attend the Parent/Youth Sacrament Preparation Sessions mandated by the Diocese – 3-4 per year. See dates of Parent/Youth Sacrament Preparation Sessions as well as other important dates by following the appropriate link at right.
The best preparation parents can give their child is to practice and live the faith. One of the most important ways to do this is regular attendance at Mass. An integral part of our children’s faith formation is participation in Sunday Liturgy. Talk with your child about Mass before you go and at appropriate moments in the actual celebration when you are in church together. Emphasize that the Mass is God’s family celebrating a sacred meal. While completing the Sacrament lessons (attending Religious Education class or All Saints Catholic School) is important for learning practical knowledge, faith should also be experienced. To be part of the parish family and to worship together each Sunday is to be part of faith in action. Parents, we expect that you will give your child these experiences so your child will be encouraged to practice and live his/her faith. Additional information, dates and forms can be found in the First Reconciliation / First Eucharist Parent Manual.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Requirements:
- The child preparing for First Reconciliation/First Eucharist must be registered in All Saints Religious Education Classes, Home School, or ASCS (2 years of preparation are required prior to receiving First Eucharist).
- Submit a First Reconciliation/First Eucharist Information Form and Fee with a copy of the child’s Baptismal Certificate to the RE Office by the deadline
- Parents and Youth must attend the Parent/Youth Sacrament Preparation Classes.
- Attendance at 75% of Religious Education Classes, 100% of Parent Youth Meetings, and 100% of Liturgical Celebrations (Symbol Fair, Church Tour,Teaching Mass) is required.
- Each child must have a completed banner.
- Weekly Mass Attendance is required (please complete the Mass Attendance Record or give Mass Offering envelopes).
- Celebrate First Reconciliation as scheduled with class and Reconciliation just prior to First Eucharist.