Middle School Summer Reading
2022 Summer Reading
As you know, fostering a love of reading at a young age has so many benefits. With reading being the biggest indicator of academic success, we must inspire that love and continue to encourage our students to read. At All Saints Catholic School, we want to do all that we can to strengthen that love of reading. This summer students will have the opportunity to build their knowledge and faith through the wonderful world of books!
Summer Reading Requirements:
Students will select books to read from the attached list, based on the following
- Eagles ELAR students will read a minimum of 1 book from this list
- Honors ELAR students will read a minimum of 2 books from this list
For their chosen books, students will create Google slides presentations. Additionally, all middle school students are required to read a class book, for which there will be a short writing assignment on Google docs due the first day of school.
- Rising 6th Grade: Restart by Gordon Korman
- Rising 7th Grade: Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Rising 8th Grade: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway