Services Offered by ASPRL:
- Resources in a variety of media formats covering the span of the Dewey Classification System
- Current inventory includes:
- 14,000 books
- 2,600 audiocassettes
- 240 CDs
- 390 videocassettes
- 235 DVDs
- 11 CD-ROMs
- 34 periodical titles. Some important Catholic periodicals, e.g., L'Osservatore Romano and Origins, are now available online
- Main focus of the collections is works on the Catholic Faith, but many other faith viewpoints are also represented
- Current information in the form of articles, pamphlets, images and small booklets is available in two Vertical File collections
- History of the parish community is documented in an Archival collection
- A computer database will give access to all of the holdings
Programs Offered by ASPRL:
In addition to serving individual parishioners and community groups through the lending of resources and researching for information, the ASPRL also provides:
- An Art/Craft Exhibit at Easter time by a local artist.
- Cafe' Morning on the first Thursday of every month after the 9:00 a.m. Mass.
- An English Book Review that meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the Library Lounge.
- Shelves and book trucks of reserved materials upon request by individuals or groups
- Covering of books with a protective plastic pocket enclosure created by a CoLibri system.
- Duplication of materials for non-copyrighted materials. A small donation for these services is suggested as follows:
- $0.05 per printed page
- $5.00 per audiocassette or CD
- $10.00 per videocassette or DVD.
- This income is deposited in the Library Fund.
- Free literature (brochures, programs, duplicate periodicals, etc.) are made available on the Library main counter.
- New Acquisitions Lists are prepared each month and distributed via e-mail or by printed copy if requested. Extra printed copies are placed on the free literature counter. The latest list can be accessed online by selecting the link Acquisitions.
- Resources can be ordered for personal purchases.
- Books, tapes, and religious articles are sold on a consignment basis through a monthly PACE (Parish Adult Christian Enrichment) table. This table is set-up in the Fellowship Hall after each Sunday morning Mass on the third weekend of the month. Inventory of these materials is kept in a cabinet by the Library and can be accessed whenever the Library is ope